- Display / readability Distracting blue tint and terrible dark splotches instead of "even, white lighting" promised by Amazon.
- Battery life No comments
- Store and selection of titles No comments
- Ease of use No comments
- Document support No comments
- Storage capacity No comments
- Durability No comments
- Design and form factor No comments
- Portability (size / weight) No comments
For starters the screen has a distractingly-noticeable blue tint unless you're reading in sunlight or under tungsten bulbs. It should be PAPER white in a dark room, just like Amazon advertises.
Secondly, there are SEVERE dark splotches at the bottom of the screen (goo.gl/2CB7O). The combination of blue tint and these splotches (for me) severely distract from reading. So much so, that I'll be returning a product I otherwise like very much.
I don't know if it's a design flaw or a lack of manufacturing quality consistency, but either way the big feature was "paper-white lighting that's evenly distributed over the entire surface" and that is NOT what you get with this device.
If you can overlook these flaws, you'll be happy with this new Kindle. But if, like me, you cannot then consider keeping your existing Kindle until the 2.0 version of Amazon's new back-lighting technology is released.
0 people find this review helpful