- Speed and features the machine is fast and with the included software offers a really good starting point for the mac user out there.
- Design and form factor 27 inch screen, all in one design that just looks clean add in the wireless keyboard and the track pad and you just have a gorgeous desktop.
- Expandability you can add more memory and thats about it. you can't expand the hard drive or add a better graphics card or a sound card. basically you buy it and your done.
- Noise No comments
- Size and weight No comments
- Power consumption No comments
The 27 inch 4 gig of ram, i7 is a really fast and responsive machine. Software loads quick responsive. I will admit that I do feel that for a machine like this 4 gig is a something apple should change and offer 8 gigs out of the box especially for the price of the machine.
I do feel that the machine right now is more power than I need but I plan on keeping this one for a few years and I like to think that I am “future proofing” myself some what by buying the i7. I have also ordered a memory kit for it to bring it up to 16 gigs.
Would I recommend this machine to a family member? No. I would suggest they go with one of the i5 models if they really want to own a Mac. I would also suggest they wait till summer and lion comes out as it will be an upgrade that I will likely have to pay for.
2 people find this review helpful