- Ease of use That is the one area that iOS really shines to me. I have no issues using the phone. For me, it really does "just work."
- Speed iOS6 did not slow my phone (4s) down any. Many times, an OS upgrade on older hardware slows down the device.
- Configurability Apple isn't necessarily about configurability. Many times, it's their way or the highway. It's one of the things we just accept or jailbreak.
- Ecosystem (apps, drivers, etc.) This is the other area where Apple shines.
- Openness All apps have to be loaded through the store, unlike a computer or the option that Android has. That is the reason for jailbreaking the device.
The maps app is getting quite a bit of heat. I haven't found any issues, but my usage is fairly limited. There are some quirks I found online and they do exist (see Brooklyn Bridge in the flyover mode but it is fine in 2D mode)..
One other minor quirk is that podcasts have been ousted from the music player and video player. All podcasts have to be played via the Podcasts app. It's not too bad (especially for video) but I will miss pulling in podcasts via home sharing available in the music app. Perhaps, Apple will add home sharing to the Podcasts app in an update.
I am overall very happy with the update.
6 people find this review helpful