- Reception and call quality Call quality has been great so far. The "Death Grip" hasn't affected me much. I live in an area with good 3G coverage though. Have yet to drop a call.
- Display Best display I've seen on a mobile phone thus far. Text is very clear and crisp. Reading on this device is easily 10x better than on previous iPhones
- Battery life Better than my old 3G but still not superb. I can get a day out of it as long as I don't do any heavy gaming. A day of SMS/Music/Phone isn't a problem.
- Camera No comments
- Ease of use Still a very easy UI to grasp. Some areas need attention, the notification system mainly. Otherwise a "pick up and play" phone.
- Design and form factor It looks good. The glass front and back with the steel band of death look wonderful. My favorite iPhone design to date.
- Portability (size / weight) Easily fits in the pocket. Very slim. My only concern is the corners of the phone feel sharper than the 3G/3GS.
- Media support MP3, YouTube videos, no flash. I can live with no flash support, but it would be nice until/if HTML5 takes over.
- Durability While I have a screen protector on the front and a minimal case for the back and sides, it feels fragile. The steel band seems easily scratched.
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) The app store is a thriving and robust community. Once you wade through the garbage there are lots of great apps to be found.
Overall it's a nice phone, and if it wasn't for people getting hit with reception issues I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a new phone. Until then I'd have to recommend a high quality Android device. The reception issues that the iPhone 4 has are too much to deal with if you want to run your phone naked.
1 person found this review helpful