- Ease of use Very intuitive with gesture controls.
- Speed No problems so far with slowdowns
- Configurability Generally all the ways one would like to customize a system are there
- Ecosystem (apps, drivers, etc.) All applications I want to use exist. Certain games do not
- Openness It is getting better. But apple tries to hold you in their ecosystem once you get in there
Other quirks are that full screen apps make it difficult to work across multiple monitors. They can only be maximized on the primary display, which means you need to manually size windows on the secondary display. It also seems you cannot have 2 full screen apps open on multiple monitors at once.
My only real other problem is that there is a secure empty trash button. I would like this to be the default, as I do not want others to recover my potentially sensitive data I thought I deleted. Searching for it in spotlight after a "normal" empty of trash yielded cached copies.
Other than those gripes, Lion is an improvement to Snow Leopard. It seems faster, and all my applications are compatible with it
1 person found this review helpful