Tips for writing a discussion
- Choose an engaging title so people will be encouraged to read it.
- Write as much as you'd like in the details box.
- Keep an eye on your inbox for new reply notifications!
There are lots of desktop software / applications that can be reviewed: ranging anywhere from security (anti-virus, etc.) to personalisation applications (like RocketDock and the likes).
I also feel like many software reviewing sites are broken: they take money from the... Read more →
- MacBook Pro 13-inch with Retina display (late 2012): http://gdgt.com/apple/macbook-pro/13-inch-with-retina-display/late-2012/
- Mac mini (late 2012): http://gdgt.com/apple/mac-mini/late-2012/
- iMac 27-inch (late 2012): http://gdgt.com/apple/imac/27-inch/late-2012/
- iMac 21.5-inch (late 2012):...
If you haven’t heard of Aereo before it’s probably because they’re a new company focusing on the New York metro area but it’s something you should be paying attention to. Aereo is a company that is taking over-the-air (OTA) broadcasts*** and making them available to you from anywhere via iPad, iPhone, Safari on Mac, AppleTV and Roku (Android, PC and additional device support coming this summer). From the Aereo press... Read more →
1) X11 - Gone. No, not an option, no longer included from Apple - you have to download XQuartz (http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/) manually and install it. On it's face it's not that big of a deal, but it's stepping away from the NetBSD/FreeBSD roots which drew me to OS X in the first place. To elaborate : I'm needing to build 2.8 as 2.6... Read more →
Web and Apps
At the moment, much of... Read more →
For people that are little younger than me and older (probably for people in 9th grade and up today) I'm convinced that we're probably going to be unanimously more resistant to the eventual change on how we... Read more →
How stable is it at the moment, and are there any major bugs?
I myself downloaded the beta of iMessage and tested this out first hand, I had my iPad, iPhone, and MacBook Pro in front of me as I carried on in... Read more →
Sidenote: You know that feeling when you say a word enough times and it starts to look like a nonsense word? Well I actually just had to Google "hulu" to make sure I was actually spelling it... Read more →
I ask since I use video conferencing and screensharing in iChat with all of my family members for our weekly calls and also for my "tech support" situations. We relied on iChat in the past for this simply because of its ease of use. I didn't have to try to get my family to setup a Skype account...
Ultimately that doesn't mean a whole lot -- iOS is still what's powering Apple's portable devices (and the Apple TV), and OS X is still Apple's one and only desktop OS. In other words, it's not like dropping the "Mac" from OS X is any indication of some bifurcation on the desktop (or an impending licensing deal to 3rd parties) that would necessitate a name change. I... Read more →