ASUS Cube Google TV review
It's the best Google TV set-top box yet, at a reasonable price.
- Mic built into the remote for voice search
- Good implementation of Google TV
- Solid trackpad on the remote
- A Cube doesn't fit well in a home theater
- Limited audio and video outputs
- The Cube user interface isn't great
The past year has been a busy one for Google TV -- in fact, with the big I/O conference right around the corner, we're sitting down to review our fifth such device in the past 12 months. The ASUS Cube naturally does everything one would expect from a Google TV set-top box, but it also has a few tricks of its own, like a mic for voice search and a unique "Cube" main menu interface. At $139, it's priced just above the Vizio Co-Star and far below the Sony NSZ-G57. So how does it stack up? Let's see.