- Features Offers the best android experience I have had to date.
- Display May not be a retina, but 720p videos look great
- Battery life lasts multiple days. Seems to idle extremely efficiently
- Ease of use Not as intuitive as iOS, but once you figure it out things are smooth.
- Storage capacity I have the 16gb model, and through use of Google music and cloud services I haven't filled it
- Design and form factor The rubber back is phenomenal and my only point of criticism is button location when in a case
- Portability (size / weight) I prefer the 7inch form factor for my tablets, and this hits the right spot of portability for my usage
- Durability I haven't dropped it or scratched it, but I am not sure how well it would hold up from a fall
Prior to my purchase I was unsure if a tablet would fit in my life, and now I don't see my life without one. I used to use my macbook pro for couch and bed browsing but this has replaced it for the most part. I only need to bring out the laptop for heavy pages, flash enabled websites, and websites with a terrible mobile experience.
The nexus 7 is fast and the only signs of slowdown is when chrome is loading the heavy pages (as per above) or you are working with many tabs. Chrome is wonderful compared to the browser in honeycomb or gingerbread, both of which I have used.
Besides browsing, the Google reader experience on this tablet is great, as well as the other news apps I follow. I do not game much, but I did purchase final fantasy 3 using part of my $25 credit. It runs as smooth as can be.
I also read the first book of the hunger games series completely on this tablet (in bed) and it was quite an enjoyable experience. It only cost $1.99 and I wouldn't be opposed to getting more Google Play Books.
On a plane flight I watched a few movies on this tablet. Quantum of solace and Anchorman. Now the volume level on the files I used was kind of low, and on a noisy plane it was a bit hard to hear. I have had no other issues with volume. If I had in-ear or noise canceling headphones I bet it would have been better for the plane. I also watched the included transformers movie which was nice and proper volume (its from Google play and not my own rip)
If you have any specific questions please reply to this review and I will reply promptly!
5 people find this review helpful
Updated detailed review