- Features - No HDMI out (tho a wireless solution is coming) - No back camera - Limited USB options However all of the included features work WONDERFULLY!
- Display The resolution is fantastic. Its not retina but still above "good enough" into "great!" territory. I have noticed some flickering/tearing on rare occasions.
- Battery life I can confirm a 9 to 10 hour charge. That's enough to get me through my day! NO complaints here!
- Ease of use I'm familiar with android already, but Jellybean had my iOS loving wife trying to sneak off with it. Android has really improved with 4.1!
- Storage capacity 16GB was not cutting it.. I sold it and picked up the 32GB which brings me on par with the xoom I was using before. I am happy again!
- Design and form factor Light, easy to hold and easy on the eyes. The display is crisp and the cosmetics on this thing are well though out. No complaints on design.
- Portability (size / weight) It's the perfect pocket companion. I keep a planner with a 5x7 pad inside. The N7 fits in nicely for travel and doesn't take up too much room in my "man bag"
- Durability I sure would have liked to have seem some aluminum or something on this. These plastic android devices worry me. You'll want a case if you'll be on the go.
There are a few things to note, however. Because there is no HDMI out, there isn't any way to set it up for remote viewing (currently). A wireless solution is said to be coming in Android 4.2. I have noticed screen flickers from time to time (maybe once every other day). They appear like screen tears as if a video is rendering too fast and it's barely noticeable as it only seems to last for about half a second. I'm not sure what the issue is but hopefully it's fixable with a software update.
What's REALLY missing is accessories. There are pogo pins on the side of the device but after months on the market, there don't appear to be any peripherals that make use of them. This is the perfect time to release a great dock and hopefully Google does so soon.
If you're looking for a solid 7 inch tablet, give this one a go but be mindful of your storage if you go for the 8gb or 16gb versions.
1 person found this review helpful