- Sound quality Really nice balance between bass and highs, with gently scooped mids. Ideal for my synth-pop listening proclivity.
- Design and form factor Solid feel, (dont really collapse). Flex and twist to adjust for the right fit. And they're gorgeous. Brushed aluminum sides are a classy match to apple gear.
- Comfort First impression was that they gripped a little tight, but after finding the right position (lower and farther back) they're comparable to bose quiet comfort.
- Noise isolation Very good, but not excellent. since they rest on ear and dont form as complete a seal around the whole ear there is noise leakage in very loud environments.
- Durability Solidly built. Don't collapse, fewer moving parts to break. I love these too much to subject to abuse testing. -1 for thin cable.
Hands down the best headphones I've ever owned. A little pricy, the P5s are rarely discounted below the $300 msrp, but still worth it. In my mind the fact that these command the full msrp compared to the common 30-50% online discounts on other similarly priced ["competing"] offerrings is telling of the delivery of quality sound without excessive markup for designer labels with celebrity endorsements.
Tastes will vary, but imho, Erlend Oye, Lali Puna, Air, and Styrofoam have never sounded so good as through my P5s
6 people find this review helpful