- Image quality My first DSLR, but absolutely stunning compared to point-and-shoots. Blown away by the upgrade.
- Video quality Haven't seen an artefact yet, so no complaints on quality. Would have preferred stereo to mono sound, but sounds decent enough around the house.
- Battery life No complaints, and received fair warning when it was getting low.
- Design and form factor Pistol grip and texture are good. Plastic is fine. Swing-out screen is fiddly to open. Screen distractingly glossy and smudge-prone but very bright and clear.
- Durability No comments
- Speed (start-up time, lag) Speed and lag seem great to me but it's my first DSLR.
- Ease of use Nice UI on the quick menus. Mode wheel has way too many icons on it. To shoot video you have to rotate the wheel a very long way from M - 12 clicks!
Cons: Big and heavy with kit zoom; onboard mike only mono; flip-out screen fiddly to swing out, glare-prone due to high gloss, and very smudge-prone; AF as crappy as a point-and-shoot in Movie or Live View mode; kit zoom impossible to zoom smoothly when shooting video; will only shoot 720p at 50 or 60 fps - no option for 25 or 30 fps.
But really these are just nitpicks - this camera is just amazing. No regrets and in fact my cousin played with it and ordered one the next day.
2 people find this review helpful