- Image quality Amazing, even without playing around with settings the pictures are crisp clear and with great colors.
- Video quality Very good, would have loved 1080 though. But 720 looks great on a big screen tv. Only issue is the format, since very few tv's support it.
- Battery life Lasts for ever.. I've taken pictures all day for three days without running low.
- Design and form factor I had to get used to the bulk of it, but it will still fit nicely in a jacket pocket. I also used to be one of those "thumb" shooters, that's impossible here.
- Durability Feels very rugged, and I've dropped it a couple of times, without a scratch. I guess you have to be really clumsy to brake it.
- Speed (start-up time, lag) I'ver never used a camera that started up this fast. Never experienced lag.
- Ease of use It is the halfway point of going to SLR so the options are very wide. Lots of buttons and dials. But once you learn them, you really see the difference.
After larding a bit about shutter speeds and lighting, my pictures have improved greatly from my previous "point-and-shoot", even though the MGP is pretty much the same.
If you have a bit of a photographer hiding in you, grab this and practice. Then save up for a true SLR and make the transition seamlessly.
1 person found this review helpful