- Reception and call quality No complaints i am lucky to live in an area with great Verizon coverage
- Display Amazing. videos look great and text is nice and crisp.
- Battery life Better than i expected. Im getting so far about a full day charge with normal use.
- Camera No comments
- Ease of use the device has JB 4.1 and the HTC sense 4 UI. over all its a good implementation and sense doesn't get in the way.
- Design and form factor its comfortable in the hand surprisingly light. it has a 5 inch display but it doesn't feel huge the 1st GX Note did.
- Portability (size / weight) even though its a large device its not uncomfortable to hold or cary it does fit in my pocket.
- Media support No comments
- Durability No comments
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) with the Google play store you will finds apps, movies, music and now even books its unlikely you will not find something that you like.
Here are some of the hardware specs for this phone:
- Qualcomm® APQ8064 Quad-core 1.5 GHz,
- 16 GB of storage
- 2 GB of Ram
- 5-inch super LCD3, HD 1080p
- 8 MP main camera
- 2.1 MP front facing camera
- Wireless charging
On the negative side of the hardware though we have only 16GB of storage which in reality only give the user about 11GB of usable storage. there is no micro SD card slot so you can’t add any more storage space. there is no HDMI out port on the phone. All said the HDMI would have been nice to play a movie off the phone and more storage would have been appreciated. But i find that more and more i am streaming over my phone and not using the stored music. So i don’t think the lack of the SD card is that big a deal or the limited on board storage.
Software wise we have Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and HTC’s Sense 4+. the Sense UI i feel is one of the better ones out there so i don’t find it as annoying as others may. It brings additional features like some new gestures, custom camera controls and features, and a few other things. if you want more information on what sense offers you can find it here www.htc.com/www/htc-sense/#page-navi . My biggest complaint though is that us Google Now you have press a button instead os swiping up from the bottom of screen. To some this is a minor annoyance but i have gotten accustomed to just swiping up on my old phone that it is something i wish the DNA did do.
Overall my 1st impressions on this phone are good. This is definitely a device i would recommend to friends and family if they were looking for an android phone.
I will update this review in a few days to cover the camera more and talk about the battery life. This phone is still in show it off to every one stage of new ness so the battery has not been all that great but i think once i get back to normal daily use it will be much better.
2 people find this review helpful
Updated detailed review