- Media support The codec support is currently limited. So double check your files if you have libraries of home videos that are in other formats/containers.
- Video quality Never felt let down by the video quality.
- Audio quality only done a two channel and 2.1 setup but sound was smooth.
- Ease of use Remote has a lot of lag which is frustrating.
- Design and form factor small size and will always background update when not in use (if you leave it plugged in and connected)
I was a little taken back that when the USB playback was (finally!) rolled out, you still had to download the channel. This is something that should be included with the device from the start. The two biggest downfalls are that the device takes a very long time (a couple minutes) to boot up. You are stuck staring at the Roku logo contemplating if to brew another batch of Tea or watch a Video somewhere else. This reminds me of when the first blu-ray players were released and it took a long time to start up. Hopefully the company fixes this in a subsequent update.
Second is that the remote has a lot of lag between button press to action taking place on screen. This can drive you mad if you didn't know at first because you will press one button, think it didn't work so press another and another. Then when it works the screen is flying all over the place.
0 people find this review helpful
Edited comment on Media support