Tips for writing a discussion
- Choose an engaging title so people will be encouraged to read it.
- Write as much as you'd like in the details box.
- Keep an eye on your inbox for new reply notifications!
[FINISH ALL THE GAMES]
As usual, the rules:
- I have to beat or finish one game a month. This means the main story mode and prompting a credits scroll.
- Uncompleted side-quests or post-ending content do not count....
Tomorrow Destiny arrives for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Reviewers started receiving their copies over the weekend and the servers went online today. Of course, that means no day-one reviews tomorrow, so gamers will be picking the game up tomorrow based on the Bungie name, the pre-release news and trailers and of course, the hype.
Bungie explained their decision... Read more →
The rules, if you didn't see the previous posts:
- Beat or finish one game a month. That usually means completing the main story mode and getting the credits to roll.
- Side-quests don't need to be finished. That way leads to madness.
- I can finish more than one game a month, but it doesn't...
The point of this project was to try and reduce my games backlog, which goes back at least 10 years for some games. Unfortunately, new games continue to come out, and plenty of retailers (Steam, GOG.com, Humble Bundle) keep having great sales that I can't ignore, making my task almost Sisyphean. But I'm not giving up just yet, not after I've come so far!
As always, the basic rules of this quest:
- Finish or beat one game a month....
[FINISH ALL THE GAMES]
So I've just wrapped up the fifth month of trying to plow through my backlog. I'm actually quite proud of myself, though not as much as I will when I've been doing this for a year, or have finished up my backlog, whichever comes first.
A quick recap of what this is all about:
- I have to finish or beat at least one game a month. That...
ET may go down as one of the worst games ever made. If it's not at the top of every worst-of list, it's usually in the top three. It wasn't considered a bad game because of the era it was released, it was just a downright bad game. Critics slammed it for it's controls and called it a repetitive game. The game was so bad it's been long rumored that Atari dumped every remaining game... Read more →
Display: 65" Panasonic VT60
Speakers: Klipsch Quintet (they're the 2011 models),
Subwoofer: 12-inch Klipsch Synergy HG 300W (it hits 24Hz and makes me very happy)
A/V Receiver: Onkyo TXNR515
Components: PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii U, a crappy Comcast SD cable box, Chromecast
Oh and for... Read more →
So, here I am in month two of my project to tackle my backlog of unplayed or unfinished video games. If you're just joining us, here's last month's post: http://www.engadget.com/discuss/operation-finish-all-the-games-december-2013-1myy/
But, a quick recap of the rules:
- Beat or finish one game a month. To "beat" means to undertake the actions that usually end the basic story and prompt a credits scroll.
- Only story sequences count, no...
I've made resolutions in the past to clear it out, usually to very little success. But backlogs in themselves are not insurmountable—I've managed to cut down my backlog of unread books, unread comics, and unwatched TV shows.... Read more →
(I feel like this is something that video rental stores would/could have done, if so many of them hadn't been driven out of business by Netflix and Gamefly. Guess there is still a purpose to in-store rental...)
As a reminder:
Apple: Buy a mac get $100 App store card, but an iPad get $50 App store card ( http://store.apple.com/ca/browse/campaigns/back_to... )
Microsoft: "U.S., students who buy a qualifying Windows PC worth $699 ($599 Canada) or more at participating retailers can get a 4GB Xbox 360 console for free" ( http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/windowsexperi... Read more →
The plus side of what has come from this is that it looks like spec wise the Orbis... Read more →
Now I don't know about everyone out there, but $59.99 is my limit and the game has to amazing for me to even consider purchasing it at that price. I do most of my shopping on Amazon.com and I wait for their video game sales.
Yet I can't say that I feel confident that games...