Okay honestly, we gotta call "urban legend" on this one. Supposedly, a man in Nigeria was electrocuted and killed when he answered his cellphone while it was charging: "electricity flowed into the cell phone unrestrained and the young man was thrown to the ground with a heavy thud." He was then apparently dead upon arrival at the nearest hospital. Total bunk?
Cellphone kills Nigerian man while plugged into wall charger
All products recommended by Engadget are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission. All prices are correct at the time of publishing.