Latest in Gaming

Image credit:

Father and daughter rescued from Xbox-triggered fire

Evan Blass
xbox power adapter

Remember how Microsoft (like Sony) had to recall all of those Xbox power cords due to the possibility of minor burns and singed carpets? Well one family may have unfortunately failed to trade in their adapter, because both father and daughter had to be rescued from a small blaze that the local fire department spokesman attributed to the first generation 'box. Apparently Stuart Ward and Robert Johnson were drinking at a pub on the Welsh island of Anglesey, in the village of Llanfairpwll (no, that's not a typo, we checked; it's actually short for Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, but we didn't feel like taking the time to type that out) when they saw smoke coming from the family's house and staggered into action, pulling the barely-conscious victims from the home. Luckily, both gamers made a full recovery, and their rescuers have apparently been bestowed the title of "Bravest Men in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch" by whomever makes those sorts of proclamations.

From around the web

ear iconeye icontext filevr