there was ever a doubt about Eastern European Mac fans, let that shred of uncertainty be squelched. Today on MacMod one of the most amazing car installs of a Mac I
have ever witnessed was posted after being translated [from Czech?].
Jiri Jirout first created a custom housing with waterproof-yet-breathable Gore-Tex ports for his 450MHz G4 (codename Sawtooth). The Sawtooth model is near and dear to my heart, I am writing this post off my 400MHz Sawtooth which was upgraded to 2GHz with a Powerlogix CPU. Next, he modded his Eastern European Tatra brand car to include:
- An ethernet network
- Wifi for hotspots
- GPRS to internet for the car in cases where one is too far from Wifi
- GPS with a Garmin module and Route 66 mapping software
- Custom front end software written in Cocoa for car data
- Custom movie player software
- Scripts for iTunes so that back seat passengers can listen to different music than in the front
- And much more...