IGN has netted an interview with David Perkinson of LucasArts to discuss--brace yourself--LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy. If you loved the first game, you may be equally enthralled by the sequel. Key highlights from the interview include:
- The game is set in the world of the Original Trilogy (Episodes IV-VI). For those of you who don't know about the first 3 Star Wars films, shame on you.
- Over 50 new characters, plus the ability to import characters from the original LEGO Star Wars, bringing the total to just over 100 choices.
- Character creation: mix-and-match LEGO body parts from all of your unlocked characters.
- 2-player Co-Op mode, no online multiplayer, and DS players can enjoy 4-player Co-Op as well as a single-cart versus mode.
- Completely reworked vehicle system; non-droids can now enter and exit any vehicle they see at any time, and are free to roam about: "If you want to do the trench run in the Millennium Falcon, or even on a landspeeder, you now can." Sweet.
- Chewbacca can now rip off LEGO arms as a melee attack. Super Sweet.
[Thanks, Princess Zelda]
[Update: Forgot a word; thought I'd add it back in.]