you're a priest, you're no doubt looking forward to patch 1.10 with both anticipation and dread. That's right,
1.10 is the priest's turn for a class review, and while final details are scarce, the announcements
so far are promising.
On Blizzard's agenda:
- New talents - expect from one to four brand new talents in each tree
- Talent reorganization - streamlining of all trees, with a focus on Holy and Discipline
- Racial abilities - Dwarves are still the only ones with fear ward, but the proposed changes make other racials look appealing, as well
- Inner Fire - the
attack power bonus is being removed and replaced with... something! Hopefully there will be more info on this
- Greater Heal - will have its casting time reduced by a full second and be made more mana efficient (though whether that will be by lowering its mana cost or increasing the amount healed is unclear)
- Holy Fire - will no longer require a talent investment
- Power Word: Shield - Eyonix has stated that they're working on improving its scaling (for those of you unfamiliar with PW:S, all of a priest's healing spells can be improved by aquiring healing gear, while the power of PW:S remains static), but has not yet provided any details on actual changes
- Group buffs - expect group versions of both divine spirit and shadow protection
Eyonix is collecting feedback on the racial changes, so if you have a suggestion, you may want to post it!