Do you read Engadget and Engadget Mobile like, a hundred times a day? Do you live and breathe gadgets? Good. Now, can you write about all this stuff with wit, concision, and authority? If so, Engadget needs you -- we've got some positions to fill:
- Afternoon / evening editor
- Night time editor
- Weekend editor
- Morning Engadget mobile editor
- Afternoon Engadget mobile editor
- HDTV specialist
- Podcast / audio producer
You don't have to be a professional journalist to try out for the job, but you do have to be able to commit to blogging for us daily (or on the weekend, depending). And yes, you will get paid -- this is a real job, believe it or not. We're looking for:
- Solid writing ability
- Prolific knowledge of the consumer electronics space
- Reliable schedule
- Self motivation
To apply for a position, here's what we'll need:
- Three sample posts written in the Engadget style. DO NOT send material you've already written.
- Classic: top five gadgets of all time.
- Mobile: your top three cellphones of all time.
- Podcast: a link to some audio work you've done.
- A few words about yourself and your background.
- Your contact info
- The position you're applying for, your location, and scheduling. Be realistic about what you can commit to.
- ABSOLUTELY NO ATTACHMENTS -- put everything in the body of your email.