The test realms have been brought up with the 1.11 content patch. Check out the patch notes here and copy a pre-made character (character transfers are usually not available on weekends) from here. So get copying!
While the changes are mostly as we expected, there are a few pleasant surprises:
- The cost to respec one's talents will now decay over time, going down by 5 gold per month, to a minimum of 10 gold.
- Rogue's Detect Traps skill is now passive.
- Warlock's Shadow Ward has a new rank to be found as a drop.
- Warrior's Shield Slam functionality has been changed. To quote... "This ability now costs 20 rage to use and the damage it does is modified by attack power (normalized to 2.2 speed). However, the base damage has been reduced. It generates more threat per rage and more damage per rage than it did previously."
- Class quest sets in Zul'Gurub and Ahn'Qiraj have been upgraded from superior quality to epic quality. (By my reading, it sounds like this refers to all items, though perhaps it is only some of them.)
- PvP armor rewards for ranks 7, 8, 10, 12, and 13 have been improved.
- Light's Hope Chapel in the Eastern Plaguelands is now a full hub, with inn, mailbox, etc.
- Many new quests in Light's Hope.
- Class-specific armor sets from Zul'Gurub now no longer require bijous or coins - only a Primal Hakkari item and appropriate reputation.
- Class-specific enchantments from Zul'Gurub now no longer require librams from Dire Maul.
- The High Priests of Zul'Gurub now have an additional loot table.
- Several raid interface improvements, including defualt-UI ability to send messages to the middle of a player's screen and perform ready checks.
- There will now be a party interface option to reset an instance.
- Many new flight paths, as well as new flight hubs in Ratchet and Un'Goro Crater.