CM Drysc has updated us with additional news of the rogue review - including some substantial changes. The talent calculator has been updated to reflect these new changes, and presents rogues with some interesting new opportunities in the subtlety tree.
The changes are as follows:
- Murder has been changed to increase damage caused against Humanoid, Giant, Beast, and Dragonkin by 1%/2%.
- Remorseless Attacks has been reduced to 2 ranks, with the new effectiveness being 20% and 40%.
- Endurance has been changed to reduce the cooldown of your Sprint and Evasion abilities by 45 sec/1.5 min. It no longer increases the duration of Evasion.
- Weapon Expertise will now increases your skill with Fist, Dagger, and Sword weapons. It will no longer affect Maces.
- Mace Specialization will now also add 1-5 weapon skill with Maces, in addition to the stun effect the talent already provides.
- Adrenaline Rush now has a reduced cooldown of 5 min.
- Elusiveness has been reduced to a 2 point talent and now reduces the cooldown of Vanish and Blind by 45 sec/1.5 min. It no longer reduces the cooldown for Evasion.
- Opportunity is being moved to a tier 1 talent, swapping places with Camouflage.
- Ghostly Strike has been reverted back to the previous 125% weapon damage, but retains its new Energy cost of 40.
- Setup will now also provide combo points if you fully resist an attackers spell.
- Improved Rupture, Improved Cheap Shot, and Improved Garrote have been removed.
- New talent 'Serrated Blades' is a tier 4 talent in the Subtlety tree, causes your attacks to ignore X of your targets Armor, and increases the damage dealt by your Rupture ability. The amount of Armor reduced increases with your level. At level 60, the ranks will reduce target Armor by 100/200/300 respectively.
- New talent 'Dirty Deeds' replaces the Improved Cheap Shot talent, reducing the Energy cost of both the Cheap Shot and Garrote abilities by 10/20.
- Garrote, Eviscerate, and Rupture now all scale with Attack Power. (For the druids in the audience, Drysc has confirmed that the druid's cat form abilities ferocious bite and rip will also scale in this way come patch day.)