The Omegathon has proven to be one of the biggest events at Penny Arcade Expos past. Last year's event saw twenty contenders (dubbed Omeganuats) compete in six stages of gaming combat culminating in a final showdown of ... Combat. The prize: An enormous NES collection (this one, actually)! This year they've decided to up the ante by giving away (cue The Price is Right theme) ... A NEW CAR!
And not just any old jalopy, but "a brand new 2006 Scion xB in Black Sand Pearl, featuring a game geek's dream package of a flipdown 15" widescreen monitor, Xbox 360 Premium System, 6-speaker sound system with CD/MP3 player, custom taillights and wheels with low-profile tires." Yeah, they had us at flipdown Xbox 360 also.
The PA boys have also revealed this year's randomly culled Omeganauts on their site (damn, didn't make it) and unveiled the first five scheduled games:
- Dice Land (which opened the first two Omegathons as well)
- Geometry Wars (oh, hell yes)
- Quake II (they've had Quake and Doom)
- Guitar Hero (they've had DDR and Karaoke Revolution)
- Mario Kart DS (Mario Kart: Double Dash is gone)
- **TOP SECRET** (first Pong, then Combat, now ...)