In another contest, gamers can compete across the U.S. to become the next (virtual) American Idol. Using Konami's Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol, players will sing a favorite song, and videos of top scorers will be posted for internet
humiliation voting. The most internet-famous singer will then be flown to a real "American Idol" taping to stare longingly at the actual singers.
The contest begins today at the DigitalLife expo in New York and reaches 10 cities through mid-November. Players can register on-site.
The full schedule follows:
- New York: Jacob J. Javits Convention Center, October 13-14
- Philadelphia: King of Prussia Mall, October 21
- Dallas: The Parks at Arlington, October 22
- Washington D.C.: St. Charles Towne Center, October 28
- Houston: Willowbrook Mall, October 28
- Atlanta: Lenox Square, November 4
- San Francisco: Stonestown Galleria, November 4
- Boston: Northshore Mall, November 11
- Los Angeles: Glendale Galleria, November 11
- Chicago: Woodfield Shopping Center, November 18