What, you didn't think the only thing we cared about on Engadget HD is HDTVs, right? In addition to the Philips 42PF9631D 42-inch plasma we're currently giving away, we thought we'd hook someone up with a NeoDigits Helios X3000 networked upscaling DVD player. This thing does it all: up to 1080p playing back DviX (HD), XviD (HD), WMV, VC-1 (WMV-HD), MPEG-1/2/4, and all your favorite audio formats over your wired or 802.11g wireless network. We're also throwing in a PowerSquid black Surge3000 for the winner to make sure you've got enough juice and plugs for your console, HDTV, etc., courtesy of our pals at Flexity. You'll have until Thursday the 20th to enter; we'll pick somebody at random who tells us in the comments which their preferred method of media streaming is currently. Of course, they too will have to follow the other rules:
- You may enter other Engadget contests, however...
- You may only enter this contest once; if you enter more than once on this particular contest post you'll be automatically disqualified and barred from all future giveaways. (Yes, we have robots that thoroughly check to ensure fairness.) You may enter future Engadget relaunch giveaway contests though!
- You can only win once. (If you win and then try to go for a second prize during our relaunch giveaways, you'll be automatically disqualified, etc.)
- Contest is open to everybody worldwide! (This is a US unit, however.)
- You will be shipped your Helios when all the contests are up, so sit tight!