- Items created by one trade skill and then used by another as a component of another recipe.
- Transmuted items with long cooldowns.
- Higher level rep items. Many items only grant reputation up to a certain level and most high level characters will have already surpassed that threshold.
- Items that are gathered or drop only in Azeroth. Oftentimes, higher level players would rather simply visit the auction house than trek back to old zones.
- Items that are already in high demand will likely only become more expensive.
- Keep in mind that some of the recipes will take awhile to pop up on the live realms and their mats won't initially see an increase in demand.
Preparing for 2.3: Pre-patch farming, part 2
The other day I listed the items that will be used in new recipes after the patch. I did miss a few things, but with your helpful comments, I've updated the original article to be more complete. I'll mention again that it's difficult to make predictions on what will sell the best, but nonetheless I've decided to list some of my thoughts on the subject below.
All products recommended by Engadget are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.