If this week's Japanese sales chart was in any position to listen or understand human speech, we'd politely pull it aside and remark, "You've got red on you." We might even tag a "baby" at the end, but it would ultimately be for nought. Not having our romantic advances returned for so long brought us to the realization that sales charts do not listen, do not learn and do not love. They merely present the facts.
This week, the facts point toward the end of the holiday shopping bonanza, with stores still being resupplied and shoppers thoroughly occupied with their brand new acquisitions. The Wii even manages to shove the DS Lite off its towering throne (take a picture!), but only just.
- Wii: 93,708 101,623 (52.03%)
- DS Lite: 89,287 255,591 (74.11%)
- PSP: 48,804 69,382 (58.71%)
- PS3: 25,531 44,413 (63.50%)
- PS2: 22,663 29,374 (56.45%)
- Xbox 360: 9,0359,200 (50.45%)
- Game Boy Micro: 1,959 1,352 (40.83%)
- GBA SP: 1,547817 (34.56%)
- Gamecube: 611 647 (51.43%)
- GBA: 79 22 (38.60%)
- DS Phat: 4134 (45.33%)
[Source: Media Create]
See also: Previous Japanese hardware sales charts