Meugly, of Wraith on H-Icecrown-US, asks the simple question "shouldn't Karazhan be on a shorter timer?" Currently, it resets every week (on Tuesday, like all the other weekly raids). ZG and AQ20, on the other hand, reset every three days. Meugly's argument basically seems to go like this:
- Raiding guilds are having enough trouble transitioning from 40-mans to 25-mans, so
- Having a 10-man raid as the pathway to 25-mans creates a huge bottleneck.
- You can't really skip ahead to 25-man content, since you need the gear from KZ to have a chance at later raids.
- If you've got a raid guild with fair amount of raiders, you've basically got two options:
- Run one group a week, and leave a lot of people out. Obviously imperfect.
- Run two groups a week. This is, as Meugly says, "a logistical horror. So many of the boss fights require a pretty specific group make up. If one of the two teams is short a single player in a key class, they probably won't be able to raid at all that night."
What do you all think? Is KZ enough of a "serious" raid to warrant a full week reset timer?