Latest in Gaming

Image credit:

Microsoft and Wal-Mart sued over Xbox-related fire

Share
Tweet
Share
Save

An Illinois family blames a faulty Xbox system for the death of their child in December 2004. The console overheated and caused the wall outlet to spark a fire, likely due to one of the recalled power cords. The family is suing Microsoft, retail giant Wal-Mart, and an unnamed power supply manufacturer for damages in excess of $50,000. Pocket change to these companies, but the press is sure to incite cries from myopic pundits in the industry. It's interesting to note that the suit names an Xbox 360 as the culprit, though according to our records the 360 wasn't available in 2004.

[Via Engadget]

From around the web

ear iconeye icontext file