Yesterday a new build went live on the patch 2.3 PTRs, including some pretty big stuff. Some of these things we knew were coming in some form, but since they hadn't been seen on the PTR yet we didn't know the specific details. The ever-reliable Boubouille of MMO-Champion has the details. The most significant changes (in my opinion) are:
- [Druid] If you are in a shapeshift form and try to use an ability that may only be used in caster form, you will leave the form and use that ability. This means that you can shift from one form to another in one action. If you don't have mana to shift form, you will get an error message and remain in your current form. This can be disabled with /console autoUnshift 0.
- [Hunter] Aimed Shot (Marksmanship) now reduces healing done to that target by 50% for 10 seconds.
- [Paladin] Precision (Protection) now increases spell hit chance as well.
- [Priest] If you are in Shadowform and try to use an ability that my not be used in Shadowform, you will leave Shadowform and use that ability. This can be disabled with /console autoUnshift 0
- [Rogue] Cheat Death (Subtlety) chance to trigger increased to 33/66/100% [up from 10/20/30%] and now also causes the rogue to take 90% less damage for 3 seconds when the effect triggers. This effect cannot occur more than once per minute.
- Creature AI has been changed to no longer prioritize attacking unfeared targets over feared targets.
The fear change is also quite a big deal. It seems to mean, among other things, tanks shouldn't lose aggro when feared anymore, so you won't need to stance dance to avoid getting feared while tanking. Onyxia just got considerably easier; too bad she's irrelevant these days. Also, the Priest talent "Unbreakable Will" will no longer be a liability. Anyway, read on for the full list of changes.