First, you'll have to download the XNA Game Launcher off the XBLM. You can find the this little doodad by going to New Releases > Game Content > XNA Creators Club. Once that 7MB file downloads, make your way to your XNA Game Launcher by heading to your Games blade > Games Library > My Games > XNA Creators Club. Here you'll be able to press "Y" and download all seven XNA trial games for free. Once you find a game and download it, you'll then be able to launch your demo from the same location. That's it, all done. And to get you started, we've posted a description of all seven downloadable XNA game demos after the break. Find something that appeals to you and give 'er a download. Oh, and have some fun too.
Free XNA Downloads
- JellyCar: Created by Walaber from the United States, this game is about driving a squishy car through squishy worlds, trying to reach the exit.
- Little Gamers: This is a 2-D high definition action side-scroller based on the famous Web comic "Little Gamers" created by Loïc Dansart, a 24-year-old software developer from Belgium.
- The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai: An intense 2-D action platform game created by James Silva from the United States, "The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai" has a unique, highly stylized look and fast and fluid action.
- TriLinea: This puzzle game created by Edison S. Prata Jr., Renato Pelizzari da Silva and Davi da Silva Prata from Brazil mixes fast-paced action with strategy.
- RocketBall: Created by Tyler Wanlass, Patrick Murty and Todd Barrons of the United States, this neighborhood game of dodgeball explodes onto the street with fast-paced multiplayer action.
- ProximityHD: This game, created by Brian Cable from the United States, takes the essence of strategy games - battles for control of territory and armies - and distills it down to a simple, easy-to-understand set of rules for casual players.
- Culture: Created by independent game development company Hidden Path Entertainment from the United States, "Culture" contains challenging games and puzzles based on beautiful flowers.