Linden Lab has released the seventh 1.20 Second Life release candidate viewer. Release candidates start counting from zero, so the first one in the series is RC0. This is accompanied by a new download page for all versions which appears to be designed to make Mac and Linux users feel like poor cousins.
Mighty Mouse users, while we were told that your problem was fixed in the last release candidate, it appears to be an open issue again. Perhaps it wasn't fixed at all. The nasty message from the smartheap library are supposed to be gone, and the way property lines have been glowing through objects has been changed. (There doesn't seem to be any indication that the vanishing skirt issue has been fixed -- April Fools' Day is long past, boys)
- Changed the descriptor in Group Information window > Notices tab to "14 days" instead of 30
- Removed menu option Advanced > Character > Show Collision Plane
- Property lines are are now hidden behind objects, avatars, terrain, and water by default. When in Build mode, if 'Tools > Show Hidden Selection' is enabled, property lines will become visible through objects, etc.
- Fixed: VWR-4580: Property lines are visible through avatar, objects and through ground
- Fixed: VWR-6389: Runtime Library error after quitting Second Life
- Fixed: VWR-6896: Crash when selecting Advanced > Rendering > Info Displays > Lights (and other Info Displays)
- Fixed: VWR-7042: Incorrect tooltip for "Use built-in web browser" option
- Fixed: the spinners are broken in the snapshot UI when upload a snapshot
- Fixed: Create tool's last 11 shapes are not the proper height ("sphere" looks like an "egg")
- Fixed: Typographical error in Transfer permissions alert dialog
- Fixed: Crash selecting Edit > Land Owners with Basic Shaders disabled
- Fixed: crash on LLFloaterWorldMap::buildLandmarkIDLists
- Fixed: 3dConnexion device does not default to enabled with 1.20 RC 5
- Fixed: Settings in the Joystick Configuration window reset to defaults on each launch when a SpaceNavigator is connected
- Fixed: XML resizing to repair truncated text in 1.20 localizations
- As the first release of improved Joystick and 3D input device support, there are minor known issues with camera behavior and/or button-mapping behavior when using the 3dxconnexion SpaceNavigator in a combination of "Flycam" and Build modes.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: There is a known issue in the 1.20 Release Candidate on Macs using Apple's USB Mighty Mouse and a 3dxconnexion SpaceNavigator. The Mighty Mouse will be erroneously detected as a joystick where the primary mouse button will toggle "Flycam" with unusual behavior. Therefore the support for the 3dxconnexion SpaceNavigator in Second Life does not yet extend to Macs using a USB Mighty Mouse.
Release candidate viewers access your live account on the main Second Life grid (Agni). Potentially they may cause hair-loss in pets, and should be always be kept out of reach of children. The downloads are served by Amazon's S3 service and we use and recommend the use of a download manager to keep your download times to a minimum.
You can download this viewer from the new place. The download for Windows is 34MB, Mac OSX is 72MB, and Linux is 55MB.
Update: It appears that the download page is Operating System sensitive, so it puts your signaled flavor of OS as the primary link, with the other options as secondary links.