Linden Lab has released the ninth 1.20 Second Life release candidate viewer. Release candidates start counting from zero, so the first one in the series is RC0.
Release notes are missing again. Maybe they've chosen to stop including them with the installer. Changes primarily involve emasculation of the thread-monitoring system to solve a lot of situations where the viewer was intentionally crashing itself, fixing purchases via the Linden, and fixing up tooltips.
Fixes in RC8:
- Fixed: VWR-7347: 'For sale:' amounts in object Hover Tips show a garbage character
- Fixed: RC7 is unable to buy Linden Dollars
- Fixed: Tuned behavior of thread monitoring (also called watchdog) to deal with extraneous crashing in RC7
- Fixed: Disabled thread monitoring for Mac and linux versions
- Fixed: Fix the premature start of thread watchdog mainloop timeout
Release candidate viewers access your live account on the main Second Life grid (Agni). Potentially they may cause hair-loss in pets, and should be always be kept out of reach of children. The downloads are served by Amazon's S3 service and we use and recommend the use of a download manager to keep your download times to a minimum.
You can download this viewer from the usual place for Windows, Mac and Linux.