There's plenty of that in this week's Guildwatch, along with better news (downings from around the realms), and your chance to get in on some of those weak ties (recruiting notices). Click the link below to see the 'Watch, and send your tips to email@example.com. Because as weak as these ad hoc ties may be, they're still worth having.
- We have a feeling we're stepping into the middle of a firefight here, but that's never stopped us before -- Nazzarus over on Aggramar apparently has a bad reputation of taking over guilds and imposing his will on members (a reputation fueled by someone named Hippofish, who has apparently ranted about Nazz on the forums a few times). So when ninja'ed about 10,000g worth of stuff from the guild bank of Orexis Magis, Hippo wasn't surprised, but everyone else was. Hippo had raged about Nazz for a while -- how he supposedly took over every guild he got put in, how he instituted his own rules, like giving favored officers loot. And Hippo apparently is continuing his crusade against Nazz -- the new guild, made up of the ninja'ed funds (and even officers) from OM is called Blackfire Sanctorium. Be on the lookout.
Someone's trying to nab raiders out of the top three guilds on EU Draenor: Shinasu, Passion, and Ivory Heart. Apparently no one's been able to drop Kil'jaeden yet, and someone is trying to form a superguild who can take him down. But the name of the ninja guild is the best part: we're told it's called LFM KJ. Cute.
- Unrest on Bladefist had their GL hacked, and everything's gone -- his toons deleted, guild bank completely AH'd. Sorry to hear it.
- Two guild members were married, they split up, drama ensues. I agree with the first reply there: the best way to avoid drama is to act professional and don't let it get to you. Also, I think this is the first drama thread we've ever posted here that actually turned out real, constructive suggestions about how to keep it from happening. What's wrong with the world these days?
- Some folks from Zen on Exodar merged into Schism a little while ago, but the whole thing came apart recently when the original Zen GM transferred off the server and said "$* you, Schism" while skipping town. That little phrase resulted in the /gkicking of all of Zen's former members, and that didn't help things at all -- cue the airing of dirty laundry all over the forums. The best part is that, after seeing how badly the officers of Schism handled the "$#&* you," lots of other guildies were disappointed and /gquit in protest. As our tipster says, not all mergers work out.
- PkPkGankYouNow (yes that's their name) on Dalvengyr held a Magtheridon pickup raid lately, and why people still run these, I have no idea -- of course epic gems dropped, and of course they didn't get looted correctly (the guild nabbed them all and then claimed there were no epics), and of course when, as you can see above, they didn't get looted correctly, the drama went straight to the forums. If you invite people into your raid, the least you could do is split the loot with them. And if it's just a gem ("a couple epic gems you can get for 15 badges anyways"), then why lie about it? Loot stuff fairly, period, more stuff will drop later.
- Undaunted on Nagrand is no more -- after an argument from within the guild about leadership, we're told Silentia and her boyfriend looted the bank and transferred away. Woot drama!
- Carpe Noctem on EU Lightbringer, who I believe we've featured in downed before, has lost their officer and main tank Befsztyks. He's apparently left for Paprika. We're not sure why -- rumor has it there was a disagreement, which ranks a big "duh" from us. But good luck CN -- we're told they have to "start all over again since they lost their sentinel tank."
Lethality on Hyjal loot counciled a glaive (that's right, I'll verb any noun you give me), and apparently they gave it to the wrong person. The wrong person, in this case, being anyone besides the one that didn't get it.
- Revamped on Lothar took down Rage Winterchill for the first time in Hyjal. They're now 4/6 on SSC, 1/4 on TK and have Kara, Gruuls, Mags on farm. Grats.
- Knights of Ni on Alleria downed Maggy for the second time in three weeks, putting Gruuls on farm and focusing on ZA and SSC. Good luck in there. We hear that "Ni!" is the thing to say to you all.
- Nerve (EU Sunstrider) downed Illidan after 6 hours (!) of solid tries, and a few close wipes. MH and BT farming are up next, and then in September, the focus moves to Sunwell. I don't know if I've ever tried anything for six hours, that's dedication.
- Drachefaust (winner of this week's Best Guild Name award, since that's just an awesome name) on Garona-A has downed Illidan Stormrage. They've got players all over the world; Singapore, Taiwan, USA, Europe, Australia, and they're also recruiting anything but tanks at the moment.
- The Hand of Lothar on Farstriders have finished off High King, Hydross and Lurker, along with Jan'alai and Halazzi. They also want to give a shoutout to Faidwen who's posted movies of almost all the kills on the site. Shoutouts? What is this, Yo! MTV Raps? No more shoutouts
- Havoc of Cairne downed Illidan, only six weeks since the guild was founded. They also got a server first kill (as Cairne is relatively new), and they got a server first Warglaive as well. Grats!
- Alliance Elite on the Khaz Modan server downed Aran, Chess, and Prince, all in one try each. Grats! We also hear they're butting heads over some loot drama, but we agree with their GM -- a switch to DKP will probably clear that right up. When's the best time for a guild to go DKP? Right after Kara?
- Blades of Light, with help from Ninth Alliance on Sentinels, downed Loot Reaver, and were, apparently, awarded the appropriate loot. Grats!
- A new guild called Blue on EU Ravencrest has gone from Kara/Za, through Gruul, Magtheridon and into SSC in one night, through SSC and TK (not Kael or Vashj though) and into Mount Hyjal and finally into BT, where they've already dropped three bosses. That's phenomenal, in fact so phenonmenal that I'll guess they've done this before, in another guild. But grats anyway!
- Trinity guild on EU Nordrassil picked up guild first downs on Alar and the Astromancer. Great team effort, they say, inspired and boosted by Fishbot's unique singing style.
Relentless on Bladefist downed Kael'thas. Grats! Apparently it took 10 hours of work, and again, I don't think I could match that dedication. Though putting GW together takes a few hours, I guess.
- Stargazer Clan on Elune had two guild first kills in July: A'lar and Naj'entus. Supremus is on official notice for next time.
- Kharma on Kul Tiras-H downed Maulgar, Gruul, Hex Lord Malacrass, and Zul'jin this week. The Gruul's Lair clear was their first-ever night of all-guild 25-man raiding, and they completely one-shotted all of Zul'Aman, too, including two timed chests. Very impressive.
- Wyvern of Khaz Modan dropped Azgalor, High Warlord Naj'entus and Supremus! They aren't sure if they can put Illidan on notice or not, but we'll do it for them anyway: he'll go down soon.
- Infidels on Eredar started SSC just two and a half months ago, and thanks, they say, to a great group of players and an amazing raid leader, they've now downed Illidan Stormrage. Nice job.
- Disputed on Norgannon, has cleared everything up to Illidan, and Illy D is on notice.
- Ravaged Souls on Llane have been rolling lately -- after surviving a little drama, they dropped Leo and Tidewalker, and this past week finished off VR and Solarian. Al'ar is on notice, and our tipster notices something interesting: a while ago they couldn't get enough people for raids and now that progression is kicking in, they run out of spots fast. Succcess, he says, seems to breed success.
- Adventurers of the Harp on EU Earthen Ring is a group of RPing raiders who managed to down Hydross the Unstable. Lurker got down to 7%, so he's on notice, and he'll be getting his chips soon.
- Semantics on Kael'Thas-H finished off all of Kara, including Netherspite and Nightbane. Group 2 is through Curator, and Group 1 is in ZA, finishing off Nalorakk, Aki'Zon, and Halazzi. They're also recruiting -- tanks, Mages, and healers to finish up Kara and head to the 25 mans.
- The Totally Rad Guild of Executus demolished a chunk of tier 5 this week. They rocked Hydross and Void Reaver bringing them to 2/6 and 1/4. Leo is on notice for next time.
- Free At Last of Eldre'Thalas-A dropped Kael'thas like a rock (after a week of raid nights, but every down in here is worth every wipe, so we'll let that go). Azgalor is on notice for next time.
- S Y N E R G Y of Eitrigg has downed Illidan on their second night of attempts. They say that beats the rest of the server by far -- I'd assume in time it took to down.
- Harvest on Velen-H dropped Lady Vashj, becoming the second Horde guild on the server to do it. Kael is going on notice.
- Carpe Imperium of Malfurion-A has recently stepped up into T5 content by downing Void Reaver in the Eye, and for an encore the following evening took down Rage Winterchill in Mount Hyjal. Lurker's on notice. They're also recruiting some mature players: prot Pallies, Feral Druids, Shadow Priests, Enhance Shamans, and Combat Rogues, though any skilled player with the right personality will be considered.
- Blood and Tears of EU Ghostlands have downed Kalecgos. Grats!
- The Twelfth Man on Whisperwind-A just had their first Illidan kill, and not only did they win a glaive, but they gave it to a Gnome! What a waste!
- Attack The Darkness of Norgannon has downed Illidan, completing Tier 6 content! Grats!
- Wildly Inept Raiders (Earthen Ring-A) says they're pleased to report the demise of The Betrayer. He felt so bad for giving them so much trouble that he dropped a glaive for them, too: congrats to Arrish who received it. We also hear their raidleader buys ice cream for downing certain bosses -- so how can we get in on some of this ice cream action?
- The Honor Guard on Blade's Edge has already lost some players to their "slighty-uptight-and-prudish-but-still-like-Cake-N-Pie' attitude, and you can quote me on that," says the GM: "We're like a summer camp with a nice mix of kids and adults." So they're just recruiting more -- they're just starting out in Karazhan, but if you're looking for some early raiding fun, hit them up.
- Convicted Heroes is an Australian-based PvE raiding guild on Aman'Thul (Oceanic). They're looking for a few healers and "PEWPEW DPS" to finish off MH and BT. Successful applicants, we're told, will receive a complimentary Mechanical Squirrel, as well as punch and pie. Man, I wish my guild gave out squirrels!
- Devotion of Bronzebeard-A is looking for a few good healers to round out their raiding squad. They're a casual raiding guild with a family atmosphere which currently runs three raids a week.
- Circle of Nine on Suramar is a unique guild that combines both casual and structured play. They offer events, scheduled instances and a weekly night for helping with quests and leveling. Right now they're getting up to raiding spec to head into Karazhan, and they say that they're willing to take their time and have fun rather than pushing for progression that isn't a good time. They're recruiting all classes and levels, but please be mature and drama-free.
- Kronos is a Casual raiding guild, with a minor interest in PVP. They are looking to fill out a few more raiding groups, and while you don't have to be geared when you show up, you should be ready and willing to run instances for gear. If you're looking to raid, casually or seriously, with a focus on fun, they're the guys.
That not enough guild news for you? There's lots more Guildwatch in the archives, including the strange case of Rob Parkins, and the Robin Hood of Gurubashi. Wherever people /gquit or are /gkicked, that's where you'll find GW!