Despite the legal quandaries that often follow these unsanctioned projects, progress continues on StarLite. This update (version 0.03) to the homebrew StarCraft game for the DS introduces two important features to the RTS port: 3D sprites and a local multiplayer mode.
This limited build seems more buggy than usual -- we couldn't even get it running on an emulator -- but if you have two sets of DSes and flashcarts handy, you should be able to test out StarLite's two-player setup by following this series of steps:
- Download Starlite.nds and equipe.txt
- Copy StarLite.nds onto both of your flashcarts
- Copy equipe.txt onto the root of one cart, making sure the only text in the file is the number "1"
- Copy equipe.txt onto the root of another cart, making sure the only text in the file is the number "2"
- Boot up the DSes and load the game on both systems
- Mutter with satisfaction, "Excellent," while tenting your fingers