Here's what you need to send to apply:
- Three sample posts written in the Engadget style.
- Make sure these are germane to the site you want to write for.
- These sample posts can be about whatever you want, but they should seem like they could have been written by one of our writers (but without all the typos and gross inaccuracies).
- We won't be using these on the site, we just want to get a sense of how well you can do this stuff.
- Don't just send us stuff you wrote elsewhere, we're not asking for clips.
- Your favorite related gadgets (and why).
- If you're applying for Engadget classic, list your fave gadgets of all time.
- For Engadget HD, only list your three favorite HD-related products.
- For Engadget Mobile, only list your three favorite cellphones.
- Give us a few words about how you think Engadget differs from other technology pubs out there.
- A few words about yourself. (Please note, due to legalities we can't hire minors.)
- Your contact info.
- How much time per week you can commit to blogging. If it's less than ten then you probably shouldn't bother. Be realistic, okay?
- Any other questions you may have about the gig.
- Oh, and no attachments or resumes.
Please note that we will only review fully complete applications, and remember to put the name of the position you're applying for in the title of your email.
To apply to Engadget, please send us an email at jobsATengadgetDOTcom
To apply to Engadget HD, please send us an email at jobsATengadgethdDOTcom
To apply to Engadget Mobile, please send an email to us at jobsATengadgetmobileDOTcom
We usually get a lot of applications, so please give us some time to look stuff over, cool? Sorry, but the sheer volume of applications makes it difficult to respond to everyone, but if we're interested we'll get in touch. Thanks!