Promotional Consideration is a weekly feature about the Nintendo DS advertisements you usually flip past, change the channel on, or just tune out.
Since we bemoaned Advance Wars: Days of Ruin's lacking marketing push last week, Nintendo has kept us holed up in our bomb shelter, walls trembling and lights flickering as wave after wave of advertisements, massive shells blasted from Leo Burnett's distant dreadnoughts, pound the smoking city above.
Here's every salvo we've been hit with in just the past week:
- an official web site launch (with new media)
- media-heavy previews and several interviews with Nintendo's localization team
- two promotional emails sent out to Nintendo's online newsletter subscribers
- a launch event held earlier today at the Nintendo World Store (New York City)
- television commercials on both network and cable channels
- a two-page ad running in at least three video game magazines -- GamePro, Game Informer, and Electronic Gaming Monthly