From a player's perspective, Princess Huhuran
is an annoying resistance-based fight. But just having a high enough nature resistance won't win this one for you -- beyond her nature damage, she can also deal immense amounts of melee damage, especially when in Frenzy or Berserk. Her abilities are as follows:
- Frenzy: greatly increases melee damage.
- Poison Bolt: high nature damage to the closest 15 targets, only happens when in Frenzy or Berserk.
- Noxious Poison: high nature damage DoT which silences the target. Cast on a target at random.
- Wyvern Sting: AoE sleep that deals nature damage if cleansed.
- Acid Spit: low damage nature DoT on Huhuran's primary target -- but it stacks.
- Berserk: at 30% health, Huhuran will Berserk, greatly increasing her attack speed and causing her to send out Poison Bolts.
Once Huhuran hits 30%, it's a fight against time for a raid, which usually has to burn every trinket and cooldown to bring Huhuran down before the increased damage causes a wipe. But will all these matter if she is swallowed into the bowels of...
C'Thun is the final boss in Ahn'Qiraj
, an old god considered to be one of the most difficult pre-Burning Crusade
encounters. The fight has two phases, a standard DPS phase one where you run C'Thun's health from 100% to 0% and a phase two where C'Thun takes almost no damage -- but occasionally C'Thun takes out his opponents with high nature and shadow damage along with tentacle power. In a fight with C'Thun, you can expect to encounter the following abilities:
- Eye Beam: A nature damage attack that targets a single player, but jumps from the first player to subsequent players in range with increasing damage each jump.
- Dark Glare: An incredibly high damage (read: no player could survive it) shadow attack that sweeps 180 degrees across the room.
- Eye Tentacles: These tentacles spawn at intervals throughout the fight. Individually, they have low health, but they spawn in groups and do a Mind Flay-type spell. (With generally meaner "giant" versions spawning in phase two.)
- Claw Tentacles: These tentacles also spawn at intervals throughout the fight and have low health. However, unlike the Eye Tentacles, these do melee damage. (With generally meaner "giant versions spawning in phase two.)
- Stomach of C'Thun: In phase two, tentacles will swallow players and send them to C'Thun's stomach. As you might imagine, it's not a friendly place, and every few seconds damaging debuffs will stack on anyone inside. There's an easy exit from the stomach, but killing Flesh Tentacles inside the stomach weakens C'Thun, allowing him to be hurt and killed -- so you might want to stick around.
Will the Princess be defeated by her master's many attacks or will C'thun fall to Huhuran's Berserk state? Before you cast your vote below, a reminder: we're considering these two bosses with approximately equal health and approximately equal damage output capabilities. We aren't making this into a math equation of who's got more health than who, so when you cast your vote, cast it on fighting style, not highest level. You're welcome to factor the lore of each character into the equation.