Blizzard has released tonight the patch notes for patch 2.4.2, which means the PTR will probably be up and running sometime soon. Patch 2.4 will likely be the last major patch before Wrath of the Lich King, and we expect to see a couple more of these minor patches before WotLK comes out.
Highlights of 2.4.2 include:
- Changes to the way arena points are calculated - essentially what Drysc talked about earlier.
- Void Shatter no longer has a cooldown, and other cooldowns have been reduced.
- Illidan will no longer despawn if a raid wipes during his death speech.
- If you are sheeped / polymorphed by a mob, you will no longer gain back health (ie: the mass sheep in Aran, which regens your health before he fire blasts the raid). This is a potentially large change.
- Many main hand weapons are now one hand weapons.
- A good list of bug fixes, including several problems associated with sounds.