In the world of professional game blogging, the people are represented by two separate, yet equally important groups: the bloggers who investigate the stories and readers who make silly comments. These are the first group's stories.
- Name: Ludwig Kietzmann
- Job Position: Senior Contributing Editor, podcast host and typo killer.
- Past Experience/Education: I have a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, with majors in Computer Science, Mathematical Techniques and Organizational Psychology. Fat lot of good that did me. Before joining Joystiq, I awarded games 3 out of 10 at some more obscure review sites.
- Life Outside of the 'Stiq: If, hypothetically, I ever left my laptop, it would be to watch a movie, get lost in a good book or wrestle down marauding lions.
- Why I'm Blogging: Though the ability to mash words together in order to form coherent sentences has brought me nothing but trouble, I rather enjoy it. Blogging is a great outlet for creative writing, opinion and unrelenting use of puns.
- First game experience: Destroying invaders (from space!) on a hand-me-down piece of hardware attached to a yellowed, CGA monitor. How many aliens have died by my hand since then?
- Favorite games: Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge, Grim Fandango, No One Lives Forever, Half-Life 2, Jet Set Radio, Metal Gear Solid 3, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Beyond Good & Evil and ... Rayman 2.
- Can love bloom on the battlefield? I need scissors! 61!