UK readers aren't the only ones who can now purchase and rent movies via iTunes, Canadian readers will be happy to note they can get in on the fun as well. Interestingly the viewing period for rentals in Canada also lasts for 48 hours, which leads me to believe that the US window will also increase (though we have no information to confirm that).
The Canadian store has over 1,200 movies to buy, 200 of which you can rent. The pricing is as follows:
- CAN$9.99 to purchase catalog titles
- CAN$14.99 to get recently released movies
- CAN$19.99 to purchase new movies
- CAN$3.99 for renting a library title (a dollar more for HD)
- CAN$4.99 for new release rental (a dollar more for HD)
Update: I assumed you all knew I meant 'UK reader's when I said 'Japanese readers' in the first sentence. I blame the overwhelming excitement of this news. The error has been corrected.