Latest in Blu ray

Image credit:

Sony expands Blu-ray operations in China


Shanghai Xinsuo Music Co. is opening a plant capable of making 500,000 Blu-ray discs per month by the end of this year. It is touted as the premier Hollywood film disc supplier in the Chinese market, and a company 51 percent owned by Sony (the other 49 percent held by Shanghai Media Group) as it continues to expand the market in China and reduce the cost of Blu-ray production. After that? More expansion, another plant in Shanghai and so on. The Chinese Blu-ray market also got a jolt with Sony announcing a 3-movie pack of Kung Fu Hustle, Spider-Man 3 and Open Season for the BDP-S300. Guess it's a good thing there's a testing center in the area.

Read - Shanghai Xinsuo to Roll Out Blu-ray Discs within 08
Read - Blu-ray Discs Production Surge Expected by December

From around the web

ear iconeye icontext filevr