My best friend got married yesterday, so due to a lingering alcoholic haze, I'm opting to, once again, quote the developer's description and features list via WoWInterface.
"This mod provides a set of tools to help people like me who like to play 2 char at once. These tools are for the second char (bot). This mod uses the ACE2 library. All required libraries are included in this zip.
- Messages relay: Able to relay messages the Bot gets in Whisper,Party,Guild,Raid and transfer them to your main via whisper.
- Follow: The bot will follow you upon using the /followme emote on him.
- Sticky Follow: Follow will be automatically resumed when the fight is over.
- Follow warning: The bot will warn you if he stops following.
- Pass Loot : The bot will auto pass on loot random window.
- Buff Warning: The bot will warn you when he loses a buff. (Duration for a buff to be warn can be set in options).
- Low Life Warning: The Bot will warn you when it health goes under a pre defined %.
- Low mana warning: The bot will warn you when it mana goes under a pre defined %.
- Mini map icon: With Options UI.
- Fubar compatible.
- Relay to channel : You can have the bot relay via whispers or a defined channel
/tb : for the list of commands. Every command can be trigger on/off.
Setting your master is the first step to using this mod. Do so by doing /tb master playername"
may require some tweaking to fit in with your gameplay, depending on your setup. For me, I have worked hard to integrate my second character as fully as possible, so the constant whispers that my second character's follow was broken became cumbersome. However, getting whispers about auto-quest accepting and relayed messages has quickly become a must-have when dual-boxing.
A couple of other features just plain come in handy; automatically passing on loot, sticky following (auto-follow after a fight) and auto-accepting group invites from players on your friends list or a designated master. Honestly, if you're considering taking advantage of the XP bonus from Recruit-a-Friend
to level and an alt via dual-boxing, this addon will make your life much easier.
That's it for this weekend, folks. Next week we'll take a closer look at dual-boxing on a single Mac machine. Dismissed!