Surprise! America's most popular couch potato sport is coming to PSN
... tomorrow. Jeopardy!
for PlayStation 3 includes:
- More than 2,500 clues and categories randomized for multiplayer
- Single-player games vs. AI (Average, Smart and Genius)
- Online and offline multiplayer
- Voice chat for online multiplayer
- Expansion packs in 2009
- A price ($14.99, er $14.99!)
- The absence of Emmy Award-winning host Alex Trebek (apparently he's not in the game)
Sadly, Shalom Mann, studio head for developer Sony Online Entertainment Los Angeles, confirms
the game will not feature Trophies, and here's the real kicker: Answers will be selected by multiple choice (from four options after buzzing). "We looked into the idea of using voice recognition," Mann explains. "The PS3 has the power to do it, and we saw great middleware that would have made it all possible. However ... " Well, we know how this ends. For those of you who would rather take your chances on a spin, be patient, "Wheel of Fortune
is already in production" -- with Trophies.