- Addiction on EU Wildhammer got their bank cleaned out by some guildies who then transferred off to another server, by the names of Skoil, Dubiousmeat and Zonn. Screenshot or it didn't happen. I'm surprised they left that 6k gold in there, but as our tipster said, they did make it away with a good 25-30,000g worth of stuff anyway. Maybe 6k wasn't all that much after that. Our tipster also thinks he has a line on where they went: Skoil is apparently Kibari on the EU Sylvanas server, and Dubiousmeat apparently changed his name to Chickenlover. Wait -- he changed his name to Chickenlover?
- Pazjuh of Abyss on Undermine had a problem with Merzbow, as did most of the guild. So when they got into a tussle, he decided to bring out the big guns, and uncovered Merzbow pretending to be a woman in another guild. Ouch. Merzbow responds later in the thread, claiming it wasn't him, but admitting he's enough of a jerk to deserve this kind of treatment. We hear both Pazjuh and Merzbow eventually got kicked from Abyss anyway.
- Molten Core Swim Team on Thaurissian didn't have any drama or downed news -- they just wanted to nominate their name for the weekly "Best Guild Name" award (they said that they tried to have their own Olympic swimming events, but all that lava made for some untimely deaths). We'd give it to them -- but some other guild with the same name already won it a few weeks ago. And just so you all know, if you do happen to win the Best Guild Name award, there is a fanmade trophy (two, in fact) that we put together a while back -- feel free to display it on your guild's website with pride.
- Rut roh. Our friends in Modus Operandi on Sentinels are having a little raid ID problem, as in the guild Audacity can't seem to "ID" who the Black Temple raid really belongs to. Ha! You like that? I just made it up. But seriously, Audacity apparently farmed trash inside MO's BT raid, and MO is understandably unhappy. What I want to know is: who let them in? And how fast did that person get /gkicked?
- We hear that the Horde side of EU Bronzebeard is turning into a raiding ghost town -- Laid to Rest made their exit, and we're told Bad Karma and Sanctum have also ducked out early.
- Avalon on Aerie Peak had their guildleaders reroll Horde, and rather than passing on the guild to, y'know, the people still in it, they ninja'd all the guild bank's stuff and took it Hordeside. We're kind of tired of all these guildleaders thinking they own the banks -- maybe we should just do away with the whole idea of banks after all. This is why we can't have nice things, people!
- Guild recruiting thread hijack! We're not sure what brought this on, but it's pretty blatant. All The Holy Hand Grenade on Durotan was trying to do was recruit some folks for Karazhan, and the Dark Paladins stomped right in and trampled all over their thread. Pretty uncalled for, no?
- Tabula Rasa on Farstriders fall down go boom. But our tipster says the real story is a torrid game of love and splitsville between two former officers, one of whom transferred realms to get away from the other, and when the other followed, drama of all kinds happened. Let this be a lesson, folks: don't mix love and guildrunning.
- Ninja alert: Icastras of Fruit Vendor on Maelstrom. A couple of other folks who claim they were in the run deny it. The good stuff (pics), however, is on page 10, and we hear there's some internet detective Myspacing happening in there, too. Good times.
- Chimera on Zuluhed must suck because they haven't killed M'uru, right? Oh wait -- that's actually one of the last bosses of the hardest instance in the game. But nice try, poindexter.
- Dark Lords on Zul'Jin started in Karazhan and made it all the way to Shade of Aran last week. They're also recruiting healers, tanks, and DPS (in that order), and they raid on Thursday and Friday nights.
- Phoenix Knights (Drenden-A), a guild only a few months old, also started raiding Karazhan last weekend. With just two wipes, they finished off Curator the first night, and Prince the second. Zul'Aman is next up.
- Defenders of Valhalla on Durotan-A downed Kaz'rogal for the first time last week. Grats!
- Requiem of Drenden has set a goal of killing Illidan before the expansion arrives and in the last week kicked it into high gear to meet it. In three days we downed three new bosses: Bloodboil, RoS, and Mother! 7/9 Black Temple and going strong!
- Poseidon on (my home server of) Cenarius downed Illidari Council in three hours total of attempts. Next up is Illidan Stormrage, which we hope to beat before the 3.0.2 patch. I think you can pull it off.
- Wild West, a Leftovers charter on Silver Hand-A, had a very productive week of progression, finally downing Teron Gorefiend in a two-shot. Gurtogg also got dropped, and Lady Vashj finished off the week. RoS is on notice, and shadow resist is being crafted for Shahraz, too.
- Duskguard on Sentinels-H destroyed Illidan's control over the enslaved and broken Akama on their very first set of tries. Nice job!
- Collateral Damage of Vek'nilash downed Illidan on the first pull after working on him for two weeks. They're headed back to Archimonde next, so we'll put him on notice.
- Hegira on Eonar downed both RoS and Shahraz all in one night. Grats!
- CORE on Jubei'thos calls themselves a casual raiding guild (though I don't really think raiding four hours a night four days a week is necessarily casual, but whatever) who are rocketing through progression -- they've gotten up to Vashj and Kael, and have downed Rage W, in just one week so far, and they're not done yet. they're hoping to hit Illidan by Wrath, which even they admit is a stretch, but hey, dream as big as you want, guys. Just be careful calling yourself casual -- in my book, anything more than two nights a week is a little more than casual.
- Free At Last on Eldre'thelas has been rolling along towards Illy D -- they've dropped Azgalor, Supremus, Shade of Akama, and Gurtogg Bloodboil so far, and Reliquary of Souls is on notice for next time.
- Obsidian on Crushridge-A dropped M'uru (after 175 pulls!), which, they claim, makes them the top guild on the server, passing three other guilds who killed Twins a month ago. Grats!
- Savage Arms on Ghostlands-H has downed Tidewalker, Fathom Lord and Leo. They want Solarian and A'lar on notice for next week, but you only get one boss per week, so we're giving you Solarian. They're also still recruiting -- be dedicated and skilled.
- The Good Bad and Ugly on Moonrunner-A also calls themselves casual (they raid three nights a week, three hours a night, and I'd still say that's a little more than casual), and they've been rolling, too: Rage, Morogrim, Solarian, and Karathress have all fallen. Grats!
- Portent Alliance on Sentinels-H completely wiped out Karazhan for the first time the other day -- Prince got one-shotted on the first time most of them ever faced him. And bonus, it happened on the guild's 5th birthday, too. Grats, guys, here's to many more!
- Soulbound of Malygos-A has finally defeated Archimonde to finish clearing Hyjal. They had to throw themselves at him for the better part of two nights, but they finally prevailed. Illy D is the only boss left before T6, so he's on notice.
- After what we hear are many weeks of wipes and shouting, Detective Superfriends (a 10-man guild on Firetree) manage to complete their first ZA bear run! Grats! Now just do that nine more times before the expansion, and then you can start making some money.
- Balance of Judgement (EU Darkmoon Faire-A) downed Jan'Alai last weekend on their fourth visit to Zul'Aman to try and take him down. They've now downed Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Halazzi and Jan'Alai, and Malacrass is on notice for next month.
- Legion Unleashed of Runetotem downed Reliquary of Souls for the first time on Saturday, and Mother Shahraz on Sunday. Illidari Council is at less than half so far, so they're all on notice. All of them! They count as one, if you're wondering.
- Sultans of Slaughter on Undermine is a fun-loving, "mild" raiding guild -- they've got Kara and ZA teams and are working up to 25 mans. They like raiding but know reality comes first, so if you've got responsibilities elsewhere, they'll understand.
- The Crimson Permanent Assurance (winner of this week's Best Guild Name award) on EU Hellscream is recruiting. They're a small Kara level guild looking to progress into ZA and, eventually, 25 man content. They currently raid twice a week and are looking primarily for additional DPS/CC players looking to progress past Kara, although all apps are considered. Great gear isn't essential, but "a willingness not to take WoW too seriously" is, and I would hope that if you're a regular reader of GW, you'd have figured that one out by now.
- Feeling alone? Stuck in a rut? Got no friends in WoW? Yes! Sob! Oh, I'm sorry, this is supposed to be a recruiting notice: Join Euphoria today, for fun, frolics and possibly even romance! Level up fast with like minded people, making it quick, joyful and less painless!
- Eternum on EU Spinebreaker are 4/9 BT and 4/5 MH. They are currently looking for a couple of Holy Pallies to raid four times a week.
- Exotic Curse on Norgannon-H is looking for raiders ready to graduate to Zul'Aman, Mag and Gruul's Lair. They are a casual raid guild with a respectful PG-13 tone. Raids are late, 11:30pm server time. Good fits will be able to stay through the Lich King 10 and even 25 raider content.
That's it for GW this week. Until next week, as always, happy raiding!
That not enough guild news for you? There's lots more Guildwatch in the archives, including the strange case of Rob Parkins, and the Robin Hood of Gurubashi. Wherever people /gquit or are /gkicked, that's where you'll find GW!