Latest in Basketball

Image credit:

Raptors TV pushing for HD signal in Canada

Darren Murph

It's not easy to light up an HD channel in the Great North, but what is typically the biggest hurdle has apparently been overcome by Toronto Raptors Network. Amazingly, the CRTC approved an application by the aforementioned company to offer a high-def signal of Raptors TV in Canada. Conditions require that the HD version carry 95% of the same content as the SD flavor, while the other 5% must also be high-definition material. Now, TRN must persuade cable and satellite companies that Raptors TV HD is worth the bandwidth, but it seems that industry analysts are pretty bullish on its chances. We can't say our hopes are that high yet, but we've definitely got our fingers tightly crossed for you NBA-lovin' Canucks.

[Via National Post]

From around the web

ear iconeye icontext filevr