- Invictus Aeternium on Durotan got a bad reputation on the server a while back when they were accused of trying to poach priests from other guilds. Things went south, and the guild apparently broke up thanks to that drama thread. Except quite a few of the members made it over to Deprived, and now someone on the server is trying to start rumors that Deprived is the new IA.
- Edge of Insanity on Bloodhoof-US were aiming to blow off some steam before the guild's third birthday, so they took 27 hours and apparently did what most only dream possible: a raiding marathon, retro-style They cleared everything raidable in the Old World, from UBRS through Naxx, including the World Dragons, and they even brought a full 40 people to Naxx and completed what might be the last Atiesh on the server. They also 25-manned AQ40 (apparently explaining took longer than the fights themselves). Very impressive. 27 hours is a lot of time, though hopefully they split it over a few nights. They're also recruiting -- progression-wise, they're actually in Sunwell, and while they prefer Druids, they'll take any diamonds in the rough they can find.
- Last Sunday, the guild Thunderwalkers (though we didn't get told which server) along with a few PuGgers, finished off Naxx's Four Horsemen. And they say they broke a record -- they only had 23 people along, and they claim that the current record on BossKillers is 28. That seems a little shaky to me -- I'm sure there are runs that BK hasn't documented, some that have probably even been with fewer people. Commenters? Still, any run through Naxx is to be congratulated -- very nice job, guys.
- Brazen ninjas are the most fun to read about. Aquasheepa's not hiding anything -- when the Warglaive dropped and he, a four-year founding member of the guild, got passed over for someone who had apparently been there for two months (but was it a random roll? If so, them's the breaks, I think), he decided that was it. He says he ninja'ed the 'glaive, and high-tailed it with the bank. It's interesting that it's the people who have been with the guild the longest that seem most likely to betray it. Doesn't that seem to be the case most of the time?
- .. At least that's what they want you to think. Turns out Aquasheepa and Casual are claiming they just trolled the server, and that Aqua passed on the 'glaive, so it was a hoax all along. They're promising an update with all the angry tells and messages on the guild's homepage -- we're waiting to see the hate in all its glory.
- Prometheos took advantage of the free transfers a while back, and came to start Silenced on Muradin, spending his time advertising for the guild in Ironforge. But before they joined, someone from Muradin decided to head back to Prom's old server and get the real story, and get the story he did. In fact, folks from Proudmoore even came over to the Muradin forums just to warn everybody about the guy and what he was like. Just proves you can take the character out of the server, but you can't... take the reputation out of the character?
- The Night Council on EU Sporeggar found themselves with a ninja in their ranks this past week -- apparently one of their members was in a PuG with another Hunter, and decided to nab Melmorta's Longbow just to teach the Hunter a lesson, since his gameplay was apparently not up to the ninja's standard. TNC had none of that -- since the guy wasn't even remorseful about the ninja, they gave him a swift /gkick, and even sent the Hunter a Valanos' Longbow from the guild bank as compensation. Now that's the way you deal with a ninja.
- Lots of guilds transferring off of Terrokar lately, but the winner is Novus Chalybs -- they aren't just leaving, they're leaving a wake of flames and insults in their wake. I do believe that's exactly what's meant by burning your bridges.
- Happy Birthday to Shatterskull Marauders on the EU Venture Co. server -- they just celebrated their third birthday, three days after the server's birthday. They are the longest running RP guild on the server, and they apparently spent it hanging out on the Thandol Span, drinking and telling stories. Sounds like good times. Here's to many more years of fun.
- Seriously? Did he seriously think that would work? Good thing Black Dragon Clan of Perenolde-A keeps their bank locked.
- This is one reason multiboxers rub me the wrong way -- good game social skills. They were trying to admire your setup, dude, and you set fire to the thread. Playing by yourself in a game that's designed to be social might do that to you.
- Silent Redemption on Feathermoon has completed the timed event in Zul'Aman. Congrats Quzor on your Warbear!
- Adults Only of EU Nordrassil-H downed Vashj for the first time to clear all of SSC, and then celebrated by stepping into Mount Hyjal and downing Rage Winterchill, too. Kael'thas is still on notice, but he'll drop before Wrath -- they want that title.
- Absolution on Suramar-A said "see ya!" to Bloodboil, and "shut his dumpster," as the guild leader put it (we don't get it either). RoS was going to be on notice, but it's already dead, so Mother is on the plate for next time.
- Members Only of Thrall killed Illidan for the first time last week. Grats!
- Deathknight Trainer (server?) took a break from a 4/5 Hyjal for some Black Temple fun, and dropped Supremus and Akama (that's them with Akama above) with back-to-back guild first kills. Teron Gorefiend is on notice for next time, and you guys better hurry -- there are going to be plenty of Death Knights to train in about a month.
- In the Name of Beatrix on EU Bronzebeard has downed Prince Malchezaar and Nightbane in Karazhan, making them the first Dutch-only guild (as far as they know) on BB to clear out Medivh's Tower. Grats!
- The Three Hundred on EU Nagrand-H, dropped Rage Winterchill and VR back to back for the first time. They say pre-expansion blues don't exist -- they've got so much to do before release that they ain't got time to bleed!
- So Jaded (winner of this week's Best Guild Name award) from Alleria-A downed Kalecgos for the first time a few weeks ago. This time around, Kalecgos and Brutallus were downed (does that mean we don't need to bomb him in the daily quest any more?). Felmyst is on notice.
- Council of Shadows on Sisters of Elune started doing Zul'Aman and cleared the first four bosses on their first night. Hex Lord Malacrass is on notice!
- Senseless Violence on Velen-H has also cleared out Karazhan. By cleared, do you mean the animal boss, too? Does anyone go in there to kill that one anymore?
- Exiled From Hell is a Runetotem realm guild, Horde side. They've cleared through Illidan and are working on Kalecgos, so he's on notice. They're also recruiting -- they'd like committed raiders to come join them raiding before noon Pacific Standard Time, and they're planning to take down Brutallus and maybe Felmyst before the expansion, so join if you want to help finish off the last bit of content during the day.
- Under The Southern Cross on Dath'Remar downed Curator last week. Illhoof and Aran are on notice for next time.
- Heroes of Olde (server?) had their first all-guild Kara run recently, and finished off all of it besides Nightbane and Netherspite the first time through, but killed them on the second time. Very nice -- grats!
- Vestige of Barthilas-A has downed Felmyst after weeks of "endless DCs and idiocy." They're looking forward to playing with the Twin Sisters now. Hawt!
- The Pen Is Mightier on Hellscream-H completed their first one night full clear of Kara in a little over 4 hours (we call that a Karathon). They're trying to finish ZA before Wrath, too -- so far, they're 4/6. They're also recruiting anyone who's not a jerk and wants to do some casual raiding after 9pm server.
- After many months of off and on attempts, a guild leader leaving for real life issues, and new raiders coming and going, RuIN of Shadowsong took down Kael'thas in their first actual attempt of the night. They rocked him -- guild members are reportedly happy to have "that blonde-haired monkey off their backs."
- Carpe Imperium on Malfurion-A has recently downed Lurker from Below, in addition to one shotting Hydross. They also dropped Rage Winterchill, and they're recruiting some more DPS to continue their nice little run of endgame before the expansion starts up.
- Mutiny on EU Khadgar-A continues to roll through endgame -- Morogrim, Vashj, Rage, Anetheron, Kaz, Azgalor, Teron, Akama, Supremus, Naj'entus, and the ZA bear run have all fallen to their might. They're recruiting, too.
- Cthulhu from EU Eonar are at it again with RoS and Mother Sharaz down! They have The Council on notice.
- Djörk just beat the crap out of the Illidari Council the first night they tried them. Rock on. Illidan is on notice.
- Our friends in Made in Sweden, on EU Wildhammer, downed Zul'jin after one week of wiping on him. Kara and ZA are on farm, and they're still recruiting tanks and healers to head back into 25-man content.
- Vengeance of the Fallen is recruiting on Twisting Nether for end-game WoTLK raiding. They say they never really found their way in ZA, but "more experienced and progression-oriented people are taking over." So join them for their new start.
- Dawn Raiders on Gilneas are looking to fill out their ranks for Wrath -- all classes considered. They raid casually 2-3 times a week at 8am server, and they're looking to head through 10-man content as a small guild. Contact them if you're interested in seeing Wrath's endgame with a few good friends.
- Honor and Shiny Things on EU Anachronos-H was trying for the Best Guild Name this week, but unfortunately didn't get it (maybe you commenters can start giving out your own award if you think they're deserving). But they are recruiting, levels 40-65 (they want to get you know you while you level), and then onwards up into 5 and 10 man content. Look them up if you want to have a fun time with a close group of people.
- Dangerous Contents on Sen'jin-H are currently looking to add members of all classes/levels. They are a semi-casual guild that is looking to focus on the 10-person raid content that Wrath of the Lich King offers. Their raids will be starting at 9:00 PM server time (10:00 PM Eastern) 2-4 times a week, but they're always looking for non-raiders and new players who want a mature, friendly guild to call home. They'll even help you get ready to raid if you've never raided before.
- WarBreed of Kilrogg is recruiting for 10 man WotLK progression. They're is "a casual but capable" reroll guild looking to build a tight-knit group. 18+ only.
That's it for GW this week. Until next week, as always, happy raiding!
That not enough guild news for you? There's lots more Guildwatch in the archives, including the strange case of Rob Parkins, and the Robin Hood of Gurubashi. Wherever people /gquit or are /gkicked, that's where you'll find GW!