E for All remains the ghostly and distant third cousin of the previous mammoth version of E3 that's open to the public, and it takes place inside the carcass of that fearsome beast, the Los Angeles Convention Center. While we misjudged the time and arrived two hours early, that gives us plenty of time to peruse the schedule and pick our poison.
So far the highlights include:
- A treadmill race across Azeroth
- Meet and greet with Billy Mitchell
- Samples of Gamer Grub, snacks developed for gamers
- Hands-on with Ubisoft's Far Cry 2, Tom Clancy's End War, Shaun White Snowboarding, and Activision's Guitar Hero World Tour
- Putting our butt in a Boom Chair
- And the... Los Angeles Unified School District? "Participating students will obtain a deeper understanding of video games and how they can be incorporated into their future careers from speakers – including Fatal1ty – who will describe their experience with video games and ways to break into the industry." Run kids, run.