Fans of Adobe Photoshop rejoice! Have you been waiting for a way to whip out your iPhone or iPod touch and be able to juxtapose Arnold Schwarzenegger's head onto Pamela Anderson's body? Your wait is over -- Juxtaposer (click opens iTunes) is now available in the App Store.
This $2.99 app is a lot of fun, as well as one of the best-executed compositing tools for a mobile device that I've ever seen. Features include:
- Unlimited undo, so no mistake or accidental brushstroke is permanent.
- Hard or soft brushes to create sharp or blurred edges.
- Smooth blends between images with transparent brushes.
- Red mask mode lets you accurately isolate part of one image without being distracted by the second image in the background.
- Translucent mode makes it easy to align your images precisely.
- The stamp tool lets you add multiple copies of your cut-out to your composite.
- Work in portrait or landscape orientation; optionally have images auto-rotate.